Saturday, March 13, 2010

At A Tough Week's End








Never have I been happier to see the end of a week. This past week has probably been the most stressful week of my college experience yet; I had four midterms and a research proposal due all in the same week. That's a midterm/big assignment for all five of my classes right there--all in one week. Outrageous, right?

I realized from this hectic week that I can get really crabby when I feel stressed. I'm extremely irritable and just all around not pleasant to be around. I began to find myself annoyed by the most insignificant, arbitrary things about others around me as well as my own room. Strange enough, the arrangement of my book stack pissed me off so much that I ended up spending a good amount of time reorganizing it. In retrospect, uhm...why did I do that?

Albeit I stayed a hermit in my room and at the library most to the week, my limited interaction with others really did show how stressed out I was, even in times when I didn't think I felt stressed. People kept telling me that I looked really stressed out. I tried my best to stay focused and relaxed, and probably even sort of convinced myself that I wasn't stressed, but I guess those who know me well saw through that and could tell that I was under quite a bit of strain.

I've come to find that it's always helpful to give myself incentive and a reason to chug through the week. "When i get through all my midterms, we'll go shopping this weekend!" Knowing that I have something fun outside of school to look forward to at the end of the week definitely motivates me to stay focused. I had been craving macarons for a while and told myself that I'd get a box to reward myself at the end of the week. They totally taste way better after I've had a tough week. Chocolate does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment