Wednesday, February 9, 2011

ridiculously cold & pork chile verde!




It's ridiculously cold and windy here in Berkeley! I think there was a freeze advisory warning last night if I remember correctly. We turned on the heater, but I had to bundle up last night! I really can't wait until it gets warmer. It's weird how it can look really nice out in the Bay Area with sun and blue skies, but it's also super cold and super windy at the same time. Oh the Bay, what a love-hate relationship I have with thee.

Anyhow, weather like this calls for nice warm, hearty meals like soup or in our case, pork chile verde. We made this a while ago, but looking through my photos from the day of the meal has me craving for more, especially in this cold. I just recently received a subscription to Bon Appétit and I am loving it! We've been trying out a couple recipes here and there from their February issue and it looks like the pork chile verde came out the best! The recipe is definitely a keeper! Recipe can be found here: Pork Chile Verde.

Sometimes I feel like this blog is becoming more a "food blog" than anything else...I'm such a piggy. And yes, we college kids cook with salad servers/tossers (we call it the pitchfork) instead of spatulas.

No comments:

Post a Comment