Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Grocery Shopping










Staring blankly at my Anthro reader and realizing I wasn't about to get any work done, I decided to go grocery shopping. Come to think of it, grocery shopping has especially in this past school year become one of my favorite ways to distract myself and procrastinate from doing homework. I know procrastination is bad, you don't need to remind me. I do not see grocery shopping however, as a complete waste of my time (as my watching hours of youtube videos is) because I do come back with enough food to fill the fridge to sustain myself for quite a while. Food is good!

The roomies and I usually make bigger purchases at Costco. This usually consists of bread, lunch meat and milk--foods we all consume. Buying this stuff in bulk at a food club rather than a regular grocery store definitely saves us a bunch of money because we do consume so much of it. Other groceries that perhaps the whole group won't take to eating is usually purchased at more local grocery stores. I love soy milk, but I don't think the others really drink it so I'll purchase a moderate half gallon from around the block.

I've been trying to make shopping lists firstly to help make sure that I get everything I need, and secondly, to help curb my spending. I try to stick to my shopping list and purchase only those necessities that I've listed, but often times in practice I fail. "Oh, this is on sale!?" I'll buy it. It's really hard for me to stick to a list, but hey, I'm working on it.

On this trip, I picked up my soy milk, cheeses and yogurt, but I also grabbed some things not originally on my list--orange juice and grapes. Shame on me.

MMM, soy milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment