Monday, March 1, 2010

Introduction With Lasagna





The roomies and I made lasagna for dinner last night. For non-cooking college students, I think we did a pretty good job. For those who know me well, you all know that I have the tendency to turn to baking when I'm feeling stressed out. After the success of this lasagna, I may just revert to actual cooking as stress relief. We do have a couple cookbooks lying around somewhere. Maybe I'll look through for a few recipes and try them out.

As to an introduction, oh I don't know. I've always kind of had a blog/blogs, whether it was a xanga page or a tumblr. I've ditched xanga, but I'm still on tumblr. I guess you could say that I'm getting tired of the whole "micro-blogging" world on tumblr and wanted a space for posts with more substance. Chu get me? I'll still be using tumblr though, maybe just not as often?

Wonder how we made lasagna? Here's the super easy-to-follow recipe:

Florentine Lasagna (serves 6)
(Adapted from Golden Grain Lasagna Pasta Box)

Ingredients:
8 oz - dried lasagna pasta
15 oz - ricotta cheese
2 cups - fresh baby spinach
2 eggs
1 jar of favorite pasta sauce
2 cups - shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt, pepper and garlic powder (optional/to taste)

Assembling & Cooking:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Cook pasta according to package directions
3) In bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, eggs, and salt and pepper
4) Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in 13 x 9 baking dish
5) Layer with 3 lasagna pieces, half the ricotta mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup pasta sauce
6) Repeat layers
7) Top with remaining lasagna pasta, sauce, and mozzarella
8) Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment